Job Location: Eastern Africa
Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
To make it easier for Africans to build global businesses that can make and accept any payment, anywhere from across Africa and around the world.
Simplifying payments for endless possibilities.
About the Head, Government Relations (East Africa) Role
Flutterwave is looking for a Head of Government Relations for East Africa. This role requires a proactive, solution-oriented, articulate, strategic thinker, who is able to operate and interact at the highest levels of Government. The function involves frequent travel within the region and sometimes to other international destinations.
As the Head of Government Relations, your primary responsibility will be to manage all Flutterwave interactions with financial sector regulators and key government officials in the designated region to ensure the following:
- Flutterwave is well-positioned to take advantage of potential partnerships with national government agencies particularly in the areas of financial inclusion, payments digitization, including facilitating potential government programs that may benefit from the application of electronic payments.
- The expansion of the industry in general, and Flutterwave in particular, is not hindered by intrusive political or regulatory intervention.
- Flutterwave’s profile and reputation are optimized through the delivery of coordinated communications and education targeted at key central bank officials, regulators, government officials, and other policymakers both directly and through appropriate surrogates, and
- Flutterwave’s outreach and messaging in the region are consistent with similar efforts in other key SSA markets.
This Role is a Contract-Based Position
- Dual reporting to Chief Regulatory and Government Relations Officer, and Business head in regions.
- Works very closely with Country, Group-level, and Global colleagues including, Business Development, Merchant Sales and Solutions, Risk, Compliance, Client Services, Corporate Social Impact, Legal, Marketing, Strategy, and Product groups.
- Liaises closely with functional colleagues in the region and around the world to develop and refine best practices.
- Works with cross-divisional business teams as subject matter expert on regulatory issues and government relations
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement an effective Government Relations strategy for the area of responsibility.
- Lead the development and building of stakeholder relationships with Government regulators, businesses, and non-governmental organizations at all levels.
- Ensure that Government Relations plans are aligned with Flutterwave’s strategic business objectives
- Establish and maintain effective long-term relations with Governments and other external stakeholders at the appropriate levels.
- Monitor the regulatory and policy management environment in various regional markets in order to make timely interventions to protect Flutterwave’s commercial interests.
- Identify opportunities and support business development programs and initiatives.
- Manage day-to-day Government Relations operations and represent Flutterwave at relevant forums in the various regional markets.
- Ensure optimization of meeting targets and Government Relations objectives by introducing best practices.
- Build and maintain internal relationships and enhance an understanding of the function within the company
Desired skills and expertise:
- General understanding of the functioning of the electronic payments industry.
- Proven track record and minimum 5-7 years experience in all aspects of developing and implementing stakeholder relations strategies.
- In-depth knowledge of the local business and political environments in East Africa
- Political acumen, and the ability to balance commercial interests and social benefits.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Budgeting and financial management.
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to work long hours.
- A motivated, self-starter who is able to work independently, within a team, and without daily supervision.
- A computer literate team player, able to work across various Flutterwave functions.
- Fluency in Swahili and English Language
Please click the Apply Now button above to get started
Need Help, we are happy to support
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org