Job Location: Angola
Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
To make it easier for Africans to build global businesses that can make and accept any payment, anywhere from across Africa and around the world.
Simplifying payments for endless possibilities.
About the Country Manager (Angola) Role
Flutterwave is looking for a Country Manager in Angola. This role will primarily be responsible for revenue generation, business growth (acquisition and retention), compliance enforcement and monitoring, partnerships and collaborations, innovation, driving operational efficiency, implementing brand strategies, leading the team and driving dynamic growth. The role will also cover business expansion and strategically position Flutterwave as the dominant payment provider in Angola.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee start-up of project operations including company incorporation, registering with relevant tax and/or revenue authorities, obtaining office or business residence permits
Revenue generation and management
- Develop and implement targeted revenue generation strategies and plans tied to Flutterwave’s annual revenue budgets and targets in close coordination with the Global Head of Finance;
- Ensure all revenue reporting is in line with internal standards and format for ease of consolidation and tracking;
- Ensure detailed competitor analyses are carried out periodically with recommendations for strategy adjustments in line with the market and Flutterwave’s outlook
- Lead strategic negotiations, and see them through until completion, ensuring engagement across all teams
Business growth and acquisition
- Ensure strategic growth into and acquisition of the Angolan dominant market position, in line with Flutterwave’s expansion plans.
- Develop and implement expansion and acquisition strategies aimed at achieving
- Foster strategic, mutually beneficial business relationships with key clients, predominantly including but not limited to Financial Institutions, Central Banks, Government regulators xxx, xxx and other key industry stakeholders.
- Identify and manage new business opportunities and take accountability for project evaluations
Compliance and regulatory matters
- Develop a robust compliance framework, in collaboration with the Compliance Unit, aimed at ensuring Flutterwave remains in good standing with required regulatory matters at all times
- Oversee and secure all necessary regulatory licenses, permits, and approvals required for the designated entity
- Monitor compliance with all Angolan financial and other regulatory requirements ensuring non-compliance issues are adequately addressed and flagged
- Foster strategic relationships with key stakeholders in the regulatory environment ensuring optimal value is derived from these relationships.
Partnerships and collaboration
- Develop and maintain key partnerships and collaborations in Angola in line with Flutterwave’s overall partnership development strategy.
- Actively negotiate and oversee all legal agreements and documentation and acting in the best interest of Flutterwave.
- Oversee the development of the Partnership teams with a particular focus on identifying, initiating, and maintaining key relationships. Develop a trackable pipeline of potential partnership opportunities with a deliberate focus on conversion in line with agreed timelines
- Line management responsibility for sales, products, marketing, finance and ensure all business objectives are met
- Ensure all business processes and procedures run smoothly leading to optimal productivity and output across all teams
- Lead all business planning and budgeting processes ensuring interdepartmental coordination and strategic mapping of Flutterwave’s goals and objectives.
- Oversee the recruitment and onboarding of in-country resources in line with approved manpower plans and budgets
- Oversee the preparation of all periodic reports including but not limited to monthly reports, budgets, new business leads and pipelines, marketing activities.
- Provide oversight, direction, and guidance to all employees in Angola in alignment with Flutterwave’s internal processes and policies
- Guide, advise, mentor, and coach junior staff and peers to develop and broaden their scope of skills, including providing on the job learning opportunities
- Create a workplace culture that is consistent with Flutterwave's with emphasis on our core values and mission
- Lead employees to meet Flutterwave’s expectations for productivity, quality, continuous improvement, and goal accomplishment
Desired skills and expertise:
- A proven background of leading an organization or region to meet operational and strategic targets
- More than 15 years’ experience in the financial services industry – with preferably sometime spent in the payments space
- Excellent communication skills and strong leadership capability
- Exceptional people management skills; ability to foster right behavior in others through leading by example
- Entrepreneurial mindset, making presentations, writing proposals, signing contracts, developing partnerships
- Interested in shaping the future of payments, focusing on unmet needs.
- Ability to work in a multinational, multidisciplinary, and fast-growing environment.
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of the organization
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Autonomy, creativity, & the ability to do complex analysis
- Willing to work from home and travel across the assigned country
- Experience of working in an agile environment, where you have responded quickly to changing business needs
- Commitment to promoting a diverse and inclusive culture
- Authorization to work in the country without sponsorship
- Bi-lingual - Excellent proficiency in both English & Portuguese Languages
Please click the Apply Now button above to get started
Need Help, we are happy to support
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org