Job Location: South Africa
Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
To make it easier for Africans to build global businesses that can make and accept any payment, anywhere from across Africa and around the world.
Simplifying payments for endless possibilities.
About the Country Manager (South Africa) Role
Flutterwave is looking for a Country Manager in South Africa to play a key and exciting role in our fast-growing company, serving high-potential markets. The candidate will lead the effort of help us expand and become the dominant payments provider in South Africa.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Deploy Flutterwave’s expansion and growth strategy in the assigned country
- Oversee and secure all necessary regulatory licenses, permits and approvals required for the designated entity
- Represent Flutterwave and develop strong relationships with regulators, banks, financial institutions, partner organizations, and other stakeholders
- Provide robust business analysis in assessing market opportunities and developing future business opportunities
- Identify and locate potential partnerships in the selected markets
- Hire in-country local resources for key functions such as business development, settlement operations, compliance, engineering integration, customer experience, etc.
- Manage all in-country resources to develop customer leads and acquire new accounts, as well as ensure existing customer accounts are maintained and managed well
- Work closely with other country managers and functional Global leads, discussing best practices and opportunities to further enhance Flutterwave’s operations in the country
- Compile reports to submit to leadership, including budgets, sales growth/declines, new business leads, and marketing activities, etc.
- Any other duties assigned
Desired skills and expertise:
- A proven background of leading an organization or region to meet operational and strategic targets
- More than 15 years’ experience in the financial services industry – with preferably sometime spent in the payments space
- Excellent communication skills and strong leadership capability
- Exceptional people management skills; ability to foster right behavior in others through leading by example
- Entrepreneurial mindset, making presentations, writing proposals, signing contracts, developing partnerships
- Interested in shaping the future of payments, focusing on unmet needs.
- Ability to work in a multinational, multidisciplinary, and fast-growing environment.
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of the organization
- Ability to perform under pressure.
- Autonomy, creativity, & the ability to do complex analysis
- Willing to work from home and travel across the assigned country
- Experience of working in an agile environment, where you have responded quickly to changing business needs
- Commitment to promoting a diverse and inclusive culture
- Authorization to work in the country without sponsorship
- Fluent in English Language
- Be a national or resident of South Africa
- Excellent proficiency of English Language and ability to communicate well in and English
Please click the Apply Now button above to get started
Need Help, we are happy to support
Contact us at: email@example.com