Job Location: Remote
Flutterwave was founded on the principle that every African must be able to participate and thrive in the global economy. To achieve this objective, we have built a trusted payment infrastructure that allows consumers and businesses (African and International) make and receive payments in a convenient borderless manner.
To make it easier for Africans to build global businesses that can make and accept any payment, anywhere from across Africa and around the world.
Simplifying payments for endless possibilities.
About the Financial Controller Role
The Financial Controller will report directly to the Global Head of Finance and have overall responsibility for the preparation of accurate and timely financial statements. He/she will oversee technical accounting as well as day-to-day accounting operations, including the month, quarter, and year-end close processes and preparing timely and reliable financial reports and will manage the consolidated company audit. We are looking for someone who can hit the ground running by managing the existing team, hiring additional resources as needed, enhancing and establishing new controls where appropriate, and identifying areas for process improvements.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Serve as the company’s expert on accounting matters and take ownership over the coordination and preparation of financial statements, including P&L, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Cashflows for review by Global Head of Finance
- Lead end-to-end accounting process, including revenue recognition, cost accounting, GL account reconciliations, accruals, and A/P
- Assess current accounting operations, offer recommendations for improvement, and implement new processes to manage the Accounting function, including the monthly close process. Drive operational efficiencies through systems and process improvements
- Partner with external consultants and assist with the roll-out of SAP Business ByDesign
- Communicate and liaise with external auditors and manage the consolidated company audit. Keep abreast of updates and amendments to accounting standards and local regulatory requirements
- Hire, train, retain and mentor a high performing accounting staff
- Attending to any other ad-hoc accounting-related request.
Required competency and skillset to be a waver
- BA/BS/Master’s degree and CPA certification required
- Strong understanding of ERP systems, such as SAP Business ByDesign
- 8+ years of progressive experience with audit or accounting, including 5+ years of corporate accounting experience and 2+ years of management experience. Experience in the financial services industry a plus
- Excellent understanding of revenue, cost of service recognition and settlement accounting for a payment processing enterprise
- Hands-on approach to problem solving
- In-depth knowledge of GAAP and/or IFRS accounting
- An organized self-manager, with ability to lead a team
- Excellent presentation & communication skills
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Proficient with MS office (Excel and word)
African nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.